This plant’s silver-blue leaves swirl like a cowlick. It produces flowers that are lollipop-shaped, pink with bright yellow accents and about 16 inches tall.
CareGrow in full sun to part shade and average to dry, well-drained soil. Divide regularly to maintain vigor.
PropagationFlowers in two years from seed. Sow seed in situ or divide plant in spring. Divide plants any time during the growing season by separating bulbs, making sure a rhizome is attached to each bulb.
ProblemsAphids, powdery mildew, rust.
- Genus : Allium
- Plant Height : 1 to 3 feet
- Zones : 10, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
- Plant Width : 6 to 12 inches
- Plant Type : Bulbs
- Moisture : Dry to Medium
- Bloom Time : Early Fall, Fall, Late Summer, Summer
- Characteristics : Fragrant Foliage
- Light : Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Uses : Ground Covers
- Flower Color : Pink, Yellow
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Spring Interest
Plant Characteristics are only available to Fine Gardening members
Sign up for a free trial and get instant access to our complete plant guide as well as our entire collection of articles and videos.