This slender, deciduous shrub has arching green shoots and dark green leaves divided into three oval-oblong leaflets. Solitary bright yellow flowers borne on leaf axils appear before the leaves in winter and early spring. They do not have the jasmine fragrance.
CareMay be trained against a wall. Grow in fertile, well-drained soil in full sun to part shade.
PropagationTake semi-ripe cuttings in summer or layer in autumn.
ProblemsRoot rot, fungal and bacterial spots, and a variety of viruses. Aphids, scale insects, and mealybugs.
- Genus : Jasminum
- Zones : 6, 7, 8, 9
- Plant Height : 6 to 10 feet
- Plant Width : 6 to 10 feet
- Moisture : Dry to Medium
- Bloom Time : Early Spring, Spring, Winter
- Characteristics : Fragrant Flowers
- Light : Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Plant Type : Shrubs
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Winter Interest
- Flower Color : Yellow
Plant Characteristics are only available to Fine Gardening members
Sign up for a free trial and get instant access to our complete plant guide as well as our entire collection of articles and videos.