This plant produces dense clusters of bright blue flowerheads up to 1 inch wide. Its leaves clasp its stem and die back before flowering.
CareProvide full sun and well-drained, average to dry soil.
PropagationSow seed in spring in containers or in situ. Divide clump-forming plants in spring.
ProblemsBulb rot in damp conditions. Onion fly and thrips.
- Genus : Allium
- Plant Height : 1 to 3 feet
- Zones : 10, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
- Plant Width : 6 to 12 inches
- Plant Type : Bulbs
- Moisture : Dry to Medium
- Bloom Time : Early Summer, Summer
- Growth Rate : Fast
- Light : Full Sun
- Maintenance : Low
- Characteristics : Showy Seed Heads
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Summer Interest