This plant has a dense rosette of fleshy blue-gray leaves and produces tall, cream-colored flowers tinged with red or pink in summer.
CareGrow in full sun and dry to medium, well-drained soil.
PropagationRemove offsets in spring or autumn.
ProblemsScale and mealybug. Root rot is common in poorly drained soil.
- Genus : Agave
- Plant Height : 1 to 3 feet
- Plant Width : 1 to 3 feet
- Zones : 10, 11, 9
- Plant Type : Cacti and Succulents
- Uses : Containers
- Tolerance : Drought Tolerant
- Moisture : Dry to Medium
- Bloom Time : Early Summer, Late Spring, Spring, Summer
- Light : Full Sun
- Maintenance : Low
- Characteristics : Showy Foliage
- Growth Rate : Slow
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Spring Interest
- Flower Color : White, Yellow