Allium ‘Globemaster’ is a true showstopper, growing to about 32 inches tall. Very large, majestic purple spheres up to 8 inches across bear numerous star-shaped, deep lilac flowers in May and June.
CareProvide full sun and well-drained, average to dry soil.
PropagationSow seed in spring in containers or in situ. Divide clump-forming plants in spring.
ProblemsBulb rot in damp conditions. Onion fly and thrips.
- Genus : Allium
- Plant Height : 3 to 6 feet
- Zones : 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
- Plant Width : 6 to 12 inches
- Plant Type : Bulbs
- Moisture : Dry to Medium
- Bloom Time : Early Summer, Late Spring, Spring, Summer
- Growth Rate : Fast
- Light : Full Sun
- Maintenance : Low
- Characteristics : Showy Seed Heads
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Summer Interest
Plant Characteristics are only available to Fine Gardening members
Sign up for a free trial and get instant access to our complete plant guide as well as our entire collection of articles and videos.