My Region: Northern California
Articles and Plants Organized by Your Region
Top StoriesView All
Summertime in Northern California brings longer days, hotter temperatures, minimal rainfall, and with any luck,…
Late-summer harvests of juicy tomatoes, fresh herbs, delicious red peppers, and leafy greens inspire tasty…
Gardening in a smaller space can be a challenge, especially if you've recently downsized and…
Northern California 1. Golden Dwarf Japanese Yew Name: Taxus cuspidata ‘Nana Aurescens’ Zones:…
1. Butterfly Rose Name: Rosa ‘Mutabilis’ USDA Hardiness Zones: 6 to 9 Size: 6 feet…
1. Tall Purple Verbena Name: Verbena bonariensis USDA Hardiness Zones: 7 to 11 Size: 6…
Dealing with Drought
Ornamental grasses come in different heights, habits, forms, and colors—from low-growing, tidy tufts and arching…
Succulents are remarkable plants that have evolved the ability to store and reserve water within…
Gardening in Shade
Loved for their beauty, longevity, and value to wildlife and the environment, oak trees have…
A beautiful vine adds visual vertical interest to the landscape. It can be used to…
Northern California PlantsView all
- Sedum rupestre 'Angelina'
- Distylium ‘PIIDIST-V’
- Loropetalum chinense ‘Irodori’
- Lavandula stoechas 'IBPR901-2'
- Rosmarinus officinalis 'Barbeque'
Have a topic to suggest? Email Fine Gardening