This is a rounded to open-crown deciduous tree up to 70 feet tall and 30 feet wide with early, brilliant red fall coloring.
Noteworthy CharacteristicsThis cultivar produces the characteristic red coloring earlier in the fall than the species.
CareProvide fertile, moist, well-drained soil in full sun or partial shade.
ProblemsAphids, scale and caterpillars. Mites can cause leaf spot gall in several species. Fungal leaf spots and root rots are common.
- Genus : Acer
- Plant Width : 15 to 30 feet
- Zones : 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
- Plant Height : 30 feet or more
- Light : Full Sun
- Maintenance : Low
- Moisture : Medium Moisture
- Growth Rate : Moderate
- Characteristics : Showy Foliage
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Spring Interest
- Plant Type : Trees
Plant Characteristics are only available to Fine Gardening members
Sign up for a free trial and get instant access to our complete plant guide as well as our entire collection of articles and videos.