This vigorous maple has large, broadly ovate, dark green leaves that turn yellow or red in autumn. It is invasive in some areas.
Noteworthy CharacteristicsNumerous cultivars exist.
CareProvide full sun to part shade and moist but well-drained soil.
ProblemsAll Norway maples self-seed heavily and may present problems to neighboring plants as they out-compete them for water and nutrients.
- Genus : Acer
- Zones : 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
- Plant Height : 30 feet or more
- Plant Width : 30 feet or more
- Bloom Time : Early Spring, Spring
- Growth Rate : Fast, Moderate
- Light : Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Maintenance : Low
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Spring Interest
- Plant Type : Trees
- Flower Color : Yellow