Iceland poppy is a short-lived perennial usually grown as a cool-weather annual, or biennial. From hairy tufts of linear blue-green foliage rise wiry stems bearing a pendant bud. The single (occasionally double) short-lived flowers unwrinkle their petals into a wide-spreading saucer shape 3 inches across.
CareProvide full sun and moist but well-drained soil. Plants dislike disturbance.
PropagationSow seeds in the garden during spring and late summer.
- Genus : Papaver
- Zones : 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
- Plant Height : 6 to 12 inches
- Plant Width : 6 to 12 inches
- Uses : Containers
- Characteristics : Fragrant Flowers, Self Seeds, Showy Seed Heads
- Tolerance : Frost Tolerant
- Light : Full Sun
- Maintenance : Low
- Moisture : Medium Moisture
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Flower Color : Pink, Red, White, Yellow
- Bloom Time : Spring
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Spring Interest