The 4- to 6-inch-wide blooms of ‘Flamenco Dancer’ poppy stand out in late spring and early summer with their true red color and fanciful fringes. It is a sport of the popular ‘Turkenlouis’. After the flowers fade, this perennial will go dormant, so plant it near neighbors that will fill the vacancy.
CareProvide full sun and well-drained soil.
PropagationDivide in late summer or early fall.
- Genus : Papaver
- Plant Height : 1 to 3 feet
- Plant Width : 1 to 3 feet
- Zones : 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
- Bloom Time : Early Summer, Late Spring
- Light : Full Sun
- Moisture : Medium Moisture
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Flower Color : Red
- Characteristics : Showy Seed Heads
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Spring Interest