In summer, beautiful brilliant red flowers top the branching stems with downy leaves of this 3-foot-tall poppy.
Noteworthy CharacteristicsBright red flowers; attractive seed pods.
CareGrow in deep, fertile, well-drained soil in full sun.
PropagationSow seed in situ in spring.
ProblemsPowdery mildew, leaf smut, gray mold, root rot, damping off.
- Genus : Papaver
- Plant Height : 1 to 3 feet
- Plant Width : 6 to 12 inches
- Plant Type : Annuals
- Light : Full Sun
- Moisture : Medium Moisture
- Maintenance : Moderate
- Growth Rate : Moderate
- Flower Color : Red
- Characteristics : Showy Seed Heads
- Bloom Time : Summer
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Summer Interest