My Region: Southwest
Articles and Plants Organized by Your Region
Top StoriesView All
Welcome to May in the Southwest. With social distancing and so much staying at home,…
If you’re lucky enough to live in the Southwest in early spring, not only will…
Plant or transplant cacti. This is a great time to start planting cacti and succulents…
1. ‘Ultra Violet’ Salvia Name: Salvia ‘Ultra Violet’ USDA Hardiness Zones: 6 to 9 Size: 18…
1. Transylvanian Salvia Salvia transsylvanica Zones: 5–9 Size: 24 to 30 inches tall and wide…
1. Red Yucca Name: Hesperaloe parviflora and cvs. USDA Hardiness Zones: 6 to 11 Size:…
Planting in the Desert
With the cooler winter evenings and scorching summers, the low desert can be a tricky…
The high desert has amazingly diverse landscapes and vegetation, but one thing is for sure:…
Southwest PlantsView all
- Sedum rupestre 'Angelina'
- Kniphofia uvaria
- Continus coggygria 'Old Fashioned'
- Distylium ‘PIIDIST-V’
- Loropetalum chinense ‘Irodori’
- Lavandula stoechas 'IBPR901-2'
Have a topic to suggest? Email Fine Gardening