This elephant ear has 2-foot-long, heart-shaped chartreuse leaves that flutter in the slightest breeze and seem to glow, even on cloudy days. It performs well in full sun and partial shade and doesn’t mind slightly acidic, rich, moist soil
Noteworthy CharacteristicsPlants grow as if on steroids, reaching 3 to 5 feet tall with a 4- to 5-foot spread.
PropagationPropagate by separating the tuberous rhizomes.
ProblemsFew, if any.
- Zones : 10, 11, 9
- Plant Height : 3 to 6 feet
- Plant Width : 3 to 6 feet
- Plant Type : Bulbs
- Growth Rate : Fast
- Light : Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Maintenance : Moderate
- Foliage Color : Purple/Burgundy
- Characteristics : Showy Foliage
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Summer Interest