My Region: Southern Plains
Articles and Plants Organized by Your Region
Top ArticlesView All
There are several pests that attack pine trees (Pinus spp. and cvs., Zones 2–9) in…
The heat will break this month, and so begins our second growing season of the…
As William Cullina mentions in his article on plants for birds, the sad reality is…
Invasive - Russian Olive (Elaegnus angustifolia) 1. Silver Buffaloberry Name: Shepherdia argentea USDA…
‘Princess’ purple fountain grass Name: Pennisetum purpureum ‘Princess’ USDA Hardiness Zones: 8 to 11 Size:…
1. Yellow Butterfly Vine Name: Mascagnia macroptera USDA hardiness zones: 8 to 11 Size: Climbing…
There are many reasons for having a butterfly garden, the simplest one being sheer beauty.…
How many times have you heard gardeners lament the presence of caliche in their soil?…
Southern Plains Design
If you’ve ever walked through an old cemetery yard in the Southern Plains, you’ve likely…
In the heart of downtown Austin, right next to the interstate that runs from Mexico…
Southern Plains PlantsView all
- Gomphrena haageana 'Strawberry Fields'
- Sedum rupestre 'Angelina'
- Distylium ‘PIIDIST-V’
- Loropetalum chinense ‘Irodori’
- Colocasia esculenta 'Tropical Storm'
- Lavandula stoechas 'IBPR901-2'
Have a topic to suggest? Email Fine Gardening