This rhizomic, mat-forming and aggressive perennial frows to 2 feet tall and wide with ferny, finely-textured, green foliage. Flowers are produced in flat corymbs in early to late summer.
Noteworthy CharacteristicsNaturalizing wildflower with numerous improved cultivars. Fairly vigorous, tough plant.
CareProvide well-drained soil in full sun. Divide regularly to maintain vigor.
PropagationSow seed in situ or divide plant in spring.
ProblemsAphids, powdery mildew, rust.
- Genus : Achillea
- Plant Height : 1 to 3 feet
- Plant Width : 1 to 3 feet
- Zones : 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
- Moisture : Dry to Medium
- Bloom Time : Early Summer, Late Spring, Spring, Summer
- Growth Rate : Fast
- Light : Full Sun
- Maintenance : Low
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Flower Color : Pink, Red
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Spring Interest