This 2.5- to 3-feet-tall and 1.5-foot wide plant produces dense, flat clusters of golden yellow flowers above fern-like, silvery foliage starting in early summer.
Noteworthy CharacteristicsBloom time overlaps and combines nicely with 'Munstead' lavender, catmint, salvias and veronicas.
CareProvide well-drained soil in full sun. Enjoys hot full sun and low moisture.
PropagationSow seed in situ or divide plant in spring. Divide regularly to maintain vigor.
ProblemsAphids, powdery mildew, rust.
- Genus : Achillea
- Plant Height : 1 to 3 feet
- Plant Width : 1 to 3 feet
- Zones : 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
- Tolerance : Drought Tolerant
- Moisture : Dry to Medium
- Light : Full Sun
- Maintenance : Low
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Characteristics : Showy Foliage, Showy Seed Heads
- Foliage Color : Silver/Grey
- Bloom Time : Summer
- Flower Color : Yellow