This popular gray-leaved yarrow has 18-inch-tall yellow flower heads that last for several weeks in late summer.
Noteworthy CharacteristicsWithstands heat and humidity well.
CareProvide moist, well-drained soil in full sun. May rot in the deep South.
PropagationSow seed in situ or divide plant in spring. Divide regularly to maintain vigor.
ProblemsAphids, powdery mildew, rust.
- Genus : Achillea
- Plant Height : 1 to 3 feet
- Plant Width : 1 to 3 feet
- Zones : 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
- Moisture : Dry to Medium
- Bloom Time : Fall, Late Summer, Summer
- Growth Rate : Fast
- Light : Full Sun
- Maintenance : Low
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Characteristics : Showy Foliage
- Foliage Color : Silver/Grey
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Spring Interest
- Flower Color : Yellow
Plant Characteristics are only available to Fine Gardening members
Sign up for a free trial and get instant access to our complete plant guide as well as our entire collection of articles and videos.