Variegated Japanese silver grass is a boon in any garden where fine texture, a gentle color scheme, and a bit of swaying in the wind are welcome. This grass can be used as a focal point, an anchor plant, or even as a privacy screen.
CareWhile it does not require very much water, this grass appreciates regular irrigation.
- Genus : Miscanthus
- Plant Width : 3 to 6 feet
- Zones : 6, 7, 8, 9
- Plant Height : 6 to 10 feet
- Moisture : Dry to Medium
- Bloom Time : Fall, Spring, Summer
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Fall Interest, Spring Interest
- Growth Rate : Fast
- Light : Full Sun
- Plant Type : Grasses
- Maintenance : Low
- Flower Color : Red
- Characteristics : Showy Foliage
- Uses : Sun
Plant Characteristics are only available to Fine Gardening members
Sign up for a free trial and get instant access to our complete plant guide as well as our entire collection of articles and videos.