This tufted, compact perennial has dense clumps of slender, foot-long green leaves marked with stripes of creamy yellow. In summer, slim, pale yellow flower stalks rise up 3 feet tall in an arching pattern. Each inflorescence holds well into the fall, turning a toasty tan.
CareNative to moist lake shores, bogs, and grasslands, this grass flowers best in damp situations and can withstand acidic or alkaline soil. Flowering is scant in hot, dry regions.
- Genus : Molinia
- Plant Height : 1 to 3 feet
- Zones : 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
- Plant Width : 6 to 12 inches
- Light : Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Plant Type : Grasses
- Moisture : Medium Moisture
- Characteristics : Showy Foliage
- Bloom Time : Summer
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Summer Interest
- Flower Color : Yellow