A refreshing new look to an old-time favorite ornamental grass! Pennisetum ‘Fireworks’ is the first variegated purple fountain grass. The midvein is the typical burgundy color and is flanked by hot pink margins. Produces beautiful red-burgundy foxtail flowers. Great accent plant and excellent in containers. —Santa Rosa Gardens
Noteworthy CharacteristicsThis is the first variegated purple fountain grass.
CareCut back in late winter to expose new foliage.
PropagationDivide the root ball.
- Genus : Pennisetum
- Plant Width : 1 to 3 feet
- Zones : 10, 9
- Plant Height : 3 to 6 feet
- Uses : Containers, Front Yard, Sun
- Tolerance : Deer Tolerant
- Moisture : Dry to Medium
- Light : Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Plant Type : Grasses
- Bloom Time : Late Summer, Summer
- Maintenance : Low
- Growth Rate : Moderate
- Flower Color : Pink, Red
- Foliage Color : Purple/Burgundy
- Characteristics : Showy Foliage
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Summer Interest