This vigorous 5- to 6-foot plant sports fascinating foliage colors. Spring leaves emerge an intense purple and are soon striped with green, yellow, pink, and red. Vivid orange flowers appear in summer on this quick multiplier. Information provided by Anthony Tesselaar Plants.
Noteworthy CharacteristicsWith its exotic foliage, Tropicanna® is show-stopper in the garden and water features, and is ideal as a “thriller” in mixed containers.
CareLift in late fall.
ProblemsUsually pest free, but slugs, snails, caterpillars, and spider mites can affect plants. Rust, leaf spot, and bacterial blight are common.
- Genus : Canna
- Plant Width : 1 to 3 feet
- Zones : 10, 11, 7, 8, 9
- Plant Height : 3 to 6 feet
- Characteristics : Attracts Hummingbirds, Showy Foliage
- Uses : Containers
- Bloom Time : Early Summer, Late Summer, Summer
- Growth Rate : Fast
- Light : Full Sun
- Moisture : Medium to Wet
- Maintenance : Moderate
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Foliage Color : Purple/Burgundy
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Spring Interest