Each of this plant's stunning lance-shaped leaves is the softest gray-green, edged subtly with a cream-colored pinstripe. These luminous 5-foot-tall plants are crowned with spires of delicate pink flowers with just a blush of salmon.
CareLikes fertile soil, frequent feedings, and lots of water. Dig up in fall where not hardy.
PropagationDivide rhizomes into pieces with prominent eyes.
ProblemsFairly pest free. Japanese beetles may be a problem.
- Genus : Canna
- Plant Width : 1 to 3 feet
- Zones : 10, 11, 8, 9
- Plant Height : 3 to 6 feet
- Characteristics : Attracts Hummingbirds
- Uses : Containers
- Growth Rate : Fast
- Light : Full Sun
- Bloom Time : Late Summer, Summer
- Moisture : Medium to Wet
- Maintenance : Moderate
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Flower Color : Pink
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Summer Interest