Tropicanna Gold is perhaps the showiest of all of the variegated cannas and one of the best for hot, humid, sunny southern gardens. Favored for its bright green and yellow variegated foliage and deep tangerine flowers, Tropicanna Gold will grow at the edge of ponds in shallow water as well as in normal garden conditions. It is adaptable to heat and humidity. Protect in the northern part of its range, or lift tubers in fall where not hardy and store over winter.
Noteworthy CharacteristicsDramatic foliage provides the garden with a tropical feeling. Tropicanna Gold can be grown in shallow water.
CareProvide full sun to partial shade and fertile, moist or wet soil.
- Genus : Canna
- Plant Width : 1 to 3 feet
- Zones : 10, 11, 7, 8, 9
- Plant Height : 3 to 6 feet
- Bloom Time : Early Summer, Late Summer, Summer
- Growth Rate : Fast
- Light : Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Maintenance : Low
- Moisture : Medium to Wet
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Characteristics : Showy Foliage
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Summer Interest