‘Skyracer’ grows to about 3 feet wide and 2 to 3 feet wide, and in late summer to early fall, sends up delicate panicles to a height of 6 or 7 feet. This finely-textured ornamental grass is great for areas where you need height but don’t have space for a wider, heavier plant. It works well in a sunny border but make sure you site it so you can see it closeup. Expect outstanding yellow color in fall.
CareCut it back in late autumn, early winter, or spring; or let the stems break off on their own. Divide in spring as needed. It tolerates low soil fertility and acid or alkaline conditions.
PropagationDivide in spring.
- Genus : Molinia
- Plant Height : 1 to 3 feet
- Plant Width : 1 to 3 feet
- Zones : 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
- Moisture : Dry to Medium
- Bloom Time : Early Fall, Fall, Late Summer, Summer
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Fall Interest
- Growth Rate : Fast
- Light : Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Plant Type : Grasses
- Maintenance : Moderate
- Characteristics : Showy Fall Foliage, Showy Foliage