Stunning, fragrant pinkish-purple flowers bloom in spring and then sporadically through fall. The ferny foliage can reach as high as 3 feet and looks great around hostas and other shade garden plants.
Noteworthy CharacteristicsWine-colored, fragrant flowers.
CarePrefers partial shade and moist, well-drained soil, but may tolerate a bit more sun.
PropagationSow seed when fresh; germination may be erratic. Divide in fall.
ProblemsDowny mildew, rust, aphids, slugs, snails; spider mites indoors.
- Genus : Corydalis
- Plant Width : 1 to 3 feet
- Plant Height : 3 to 6 feet
- Zones : 5, 6, 7, 8
- Bloom Time : Early Spring, Late Spring, Spring
- Light : Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Uses : Ground Covers
- Maintenance : Low
- Moisture : Medium Moisture
- Growth Rate : Moderate
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Flower Color : Pink
- Characteristics : Showy Foliage
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Spring Interest