From late spring and throughout the summer, creamy flowers cover a delicate mound of filigreed gray-green foliage.
Noteworthy CharacteristicsThis is a short-lived perennial that self-sows enthusiastically. Suitable for a mixed border or an open woodland.
CarePrefers fertile soil in full sun or partial shade.
PropagationSow seed when fresh; germination may be erratic. Divide in spring.
ProblemsDowny mildew, rust, aphids, slugs, snails.
- Genus : Corydalis
- Zones : 5, 6, 7, 8
- Plant Height : 6 to 12 inches
- Plant Width : 6 to 12 inches
- Growth Rate : Fast
- Light : Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Uses : Ground Covers
- Bloom Time : Late Spring, Spring, Summer
- Moisture : Medium Moisture
- Maintenance : Moderate
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Characteristics : Self Seeds, Showy Foliage
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Spring Interest
- Flower Color : White, Yellow
Plant Characteristics are only available to Fine Gardening members
Sign up for a free trial and get instant access to our complete plant guide as well as our entire collection of articles and videos.