This plant’s tapering, finely dissected leaves make it look like a fern relative. The bronzy tints of the emerging foliage add to this plant’s beauty. It bears buttery yellow blossoms from spring to summer.
Noteworthy CharacteristicsThis is a choice selection for a dappled mixed border or open woodland. Self-seeds.
CarePrefers full sun or partial shade in fertile, well-drained soil.
PropagationSow seed when fresh; germination may be erratic. Divide in fall.
ProblemsDowny mildew, rust, aphids, slugs, snails; spider mites indoors.
- Genus : Corydalis
- Zones : 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
- Plant Height : 6 to 12 inches
- Plant Width : 6 to 12 inches
- Bloom Time : Early Spring, Early Summer, Late Spring, Spring, Summer
- Light : Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Uses : Ground Covers
- Maintenance : Low
- Moisture : Medium Moisture
- Growth Rate : Moderate
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Characteristics : Self Seeds, Showy Foliage
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Spring Interest
- Flower Color : Yellow
Plant Characteristics are only available to Fine Gardening members
Sign up for a free trial and get instant access to our complete plant guide as well as our entire collection of articles and videos.