Upright, open bell-shaped flowers completely cover the foliage of this late-blooming Campanula for several months in summer. This small plant is suitable for the front of the border or a rock garden. Numerous cultivars are available.
CarePlant in moist but well-drained soil in sun or partial shade.
PropagationSow seed in containers in a cold frame in spring. Divide in spring or autumn. Take basal cuttings in spring.
ProblemsSlugs, snails, vine weevils, spider mites, and aphids. Powdery mildew, rust, Septoria and Ramularia leaf spot and Southern blight.
- Genus : Campanula
- Plant Width : 1 to 3 feet
- Zones : 4, 5, 6, 7
- Plant Height : 6 to 12 inches
- Moisture : Dry to Medium
- Bloom Time : Early Summer, Late Summer, Summer
- Light : Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Maintenance : Low
- Growth Rate : Moderate
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Summer Interest
- Flower Color : White