This low, mat-forming plant has blue-purple flowers in summer.
Noteworthy CharacteristicsTolerates more shade than most Campanulas.
CarePlant in sun or partial shade. Requires moist but well-drained soil.
PropagationSow seed in containers in an open frame in spring. Divide in spring or autumn. Take basal cuttings in spring.
ProblemsSlugs, snails, vine weevils, spider mites and aphids. Powdery mildew, rust, Septoria and Ramularia leaf spot, and Southern blight.
- Genus : Campanula
- Plant Width : 1 to 3 feet
- Zones : 4, 5, 6, 7
- Plant Height : 6 to 12 inches
- Moisture : Dry to Medium
- Light : Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Bloom Time : Late Summer, Summer
- Maintenance : Moderate
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Summer Interest