Serbian bellflowers have an easy, undemanding habit. Creating a stream of lavender blue, the 1-inch-diameter star-shaped blossoms bloom reliably from late spring to early fall. The foliage remains evergreen in mild winters and needs to be sheared only once in a while to keep its appearance tidy. 'Blue Waterfall' flows beautifully along bed edges and through rock gardens in full sun to partial shade.
Noteworthy CharacteristicsLong bloom period. Low maintenance. Good ground cover.
CareGrow in full sun to partial shade.
PropagationDivide in spring or fall. Sow seed in containers in a cold frame in spring. Take basal cuttings in spring.
ProblemsProne to slugs, snails, vine weevils, spider mites, and aphids. Also susceptible to powdery mildew, rust, leaf spots, and Southern blight.
- Genus : Campanula
- Plant Width : 1 to 3 feet
- Zones : 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
- Plant Height : 6 to 12 inches
- Bloom Time : Early Fall, Early Summer, Fall, Late Spring, Late Summer, Spring, Summer
- Light : Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Uses : Ground Covers
- Maintenance : Low
- Moisture : Medium Moisture
- Growth Rate : Moderate
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Spring Interest