This beautiful ornamental grass has upright, glossy green foliage and interesting, animated leaf tips that resemble party favors. Evergreen to 25°F, these plants gain reddish purple hues in the fall and winter. This plant is extremely adaptable—it thrives in desert and damp conditions, it is used for erosion control, and it works well in containers or as a screen. It looks especially beautiful when backlit by the sun.
Noteworthy CharacteristicsSunset-colored foliage in fall and winter. Very adaptable.
CareProvide full sun to light shade and most any soil.
PropagationStart seeds in a cold frame in spring or divide clumps in spring or early summer.
- Plant Width : 1 to 3 feet
- Zones : 10, 9
- Plant Height : 3 to 6 feet
- Moisture : Adaptable
- Uses : Containers
- Tolerance : Drought Tolerant
- Light : Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Plant Type : Grasses
- Maintenance : Low
- Characteristics : Showy Fall Foliage, Showy Foliage
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Summer Interest