A tuft of thin grassy foliage with gray and gold variegation distinguishes this cultivar. Early summer brings 3-foot-tall, airy plumes of tiny flowers that look beautiful when backlit by the sun. As fall approaches, the foliage turns golden with pink-coral tips. This grass even grows well in shadier sites. Plant in a border, woodland garden, or shaded rock garden.
Noteworthy CharacteristicsNoteworthy for its foliage and form. Grows well in shade.
CarePrefers moist soil and shade from afternoon sun.
PropagationDivide in late spring.
ProblemsRust is possible in wet seasons.
- Genus : Deschampsia
- Plant Height : 1 to 3 feet
- Zones : 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
- Plant Width : 6 to 12 inches
- Uses : Containers, Ground Covers
- Bloom Time : Early Summer, Summer
- Tolerance : Frost Tolerant
- Light : Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Plant Type : Grasses
- Maintenance : Low
- Moisture : Medium to Wet
- Growth Rate : Moderate
- Flower Color : Pink
- Characteristics : Showy Foliage, Showy Seed Heads
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Spring Interest