This sturdy groundcover is fast becoming one of the most dependable grasses for creating drought-tolerant meadows. Clumping evergreen foliage is a rich khaki green and grows in an arching clump. The flowers, while noticeable, are not showy. Atlas fescue is at its best in groups and grows in all but hot, humid, and low desert climates.
CareProvide full sun to light shade. It is tolerant of most any soil, but does not like extreme heat, cold, or humidity.
PropagationDivide clumps or start from seed.
- Genus : Festuca
- Plant Height : 1 to 3 feet
- Plant Width : 1 to 3 feet
- Zones : 10, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
- Moisture : Adaptable
- Tolerance : Drought Tolerant
- Light : Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Plant Type : Grasses
- Uses : Ground Covers
- Maintenance : Low
- Characteristics : Showy Foliage
- Bloom Time : Summer
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Summer Interest