My Region: Southern California
Articles and Plants Organized by Your Region
Top StoriesView All
As we convert our thirsty lawns to more California-friendly gardens, all sorts of wonderful things…
Bring in clippings of winter greens such as juniper (Juniperus spp. and cvs., Zones 2–10),…
1. Yellow Bells Tecoma stans Zones: 7–11 Size: 6 to 20 feet tall and 5…
Southern California Bulbine (Bulbine frutescens and cvs.) USDA Hardiness Zones: 9 to 11 Size:…
Southern California 1. Deer Grass Name: Muhlenbergia rigens Usda Hardiness Zones: 5 to…
1. Pink Knotweed Name: Persicaria capitata USDA hardiness zones: 8 to 9 Size: 3 to…
Fine Gardening's Christine Alexander spoke with Douglas Kent this past spring to learn about landscaping…
Everything I’ve learned about dry-shade gardening has been from experimentation. When my husband and…
Southern California Interest
As the rains end and June gloom rolls by, things start to dry up in…
Click to enlarge One by one, your prized tomato plants wilt and die, or clumps…
Southern California PlantsView all
- Gomphrena haageana 'Strawberry Fields'
- Distylium ‘PIIDIST-V’
- Loropetalum chinense ‘Irodori’
- Colocasia esculenta 'Tropical Storm'
- Lavandula stoechas 'IBPR901-2'
Have a topic to suggest? Email Fine Gardening