My Region: Southern California
Articles and Plants Organized by Your Region
Bulbs and corms that originate in a Mediterranean climate are some of the best-performing but…
1. Give your gardens one or two deep waterings. 2. Cut back cool-season ornamental grasses.…
July weather is hot and dry, so why not stay inside with the air-conditioning or…
Southern California Bulbine (Bulbine frutescens and cvs.) USDA Hardiness Zones: 9 to 11 Size:…
Southern California 1. Deer Grass Name: Muhlenbergia rigens Usda Hardiness Zones: 5 to…
1. Pink Knotweed Name: Persicaria capitata USDA hardiness zones: 8 to 9 Size: 3 to…
Fine Gardening's Christine Alexander spoke with Douglas Kent this past spring to learn about landscaping…
Everything I’ve learned about dry-shade gardening has been from experimentation. When my husband and…
Southern California PlantsView all
- Gomphrena haageana 'Strawberry Fields'
- Distylium ‘PIIDIST-V’
- Loropetalum chinense ‘Irodori’
- Colocasia esculenta 'Tropical Storm'
- Lavandula stoechas 'IBPR901-2'
Have a topic to suggest? Email Fine Gardening