My Region: Southern California
Articles and Plants Organized by Your Region
Top StoriesView All
Plant a perennial vine. Vines can provide an abundance of color and shade in the…
My father was a master carpenter, probably before that term existed. His single-car garage held…
Clean out containers. Before you start a mad rush of buying new plants this month,…
1. ‘Orange Aide’ Bromeliad Name: Aechmea blanchetiana ‘Orange Aide’ USDA hardiness zones: 10 to 11…
1. ‘Safari Sunset’ Leucadendron Name: Leucadendron ‘Safari Sunset’ USDA Hardiness Zones: 9 to 11 Size:…
Invasive - Hottentot Fig (Carpobrotus edulis) 1. ‘Bee’s Bliss’ Creeping Sage Name: Salvia…
1. La Palma Echium Name: Echium gentianoides USDA hardiness zones: 9 to 10 Size: 5…
1. ‘Big Magenta’ African daisy Name: Arctotis acaulis ‘Big Magenta’ USDA Hardiness Zones: 9…
Southern California Late-Spring Interest
It may feel odd to think about summer right now. But, there are several plants…
California has had an incredibly rainy winter this year, which means the first job to…
Southern California PlantsView all
- Gomphrena haageana 'Strawberry Fields'
- Distylium ‘PIIDIST-V’
- Loropetalum chinense ‘Irodori’
- Colocasia esculenta 'Tropical Storm'
- Lavandula stoechas 'IBPR901-2'
Have a topic to suggest? Email Fine Gardening