My Region: Southern California
Articles and Plants Organized by Your Region
Top StoriesView All
Plant trees, shrubs, and perennials in order to take advantage of California’s limited rainfall. Use…
The chilli thrip (Scirtothrips dorsalis) has become a serious problem in Southern California. This is…
Decorate your garden with pumpkins and squash. This is a great way to brighten things…
Southern California Bulbine (Bulbine frutescens and cvs.) USDA Hardiness Zones: 9 to 11 Size:…
Southern California 1. Deer Grass Name: Muhlenbergia rigens Usda Hardiness Zones: 5 to…
1. Pink Knotweed Name: Persicaria capitata USDA hardiness zones: 8 to 9 Size: 3 to…
Fine Gardening's Christine Alexander spoke with Douglas Kent this past spring to learn about landscaping…
Everything I’ve learned about dry-shade gardening has been from experimentation. When my husband and…
Southern California PlantsView all
- Gomphrena haageana 'Strawberry Fields'
- Distylium ‘PIIDIST-V’
- Loropetalum chinense ‘Irodori’
- Colocasia esculenta 'Tropical Storm'
- Lavandula stoechas 'IBPR901-2'
Have a topic to suggest? Email Fine Gardening