This elegant fern-like herb has a mounding form and anise-flavored bright-green leaves. In late spring, it bears compound umbels of star-shaped white flowers, followed by shiny, ridged brown seeds.
CareShade tolerant. Grow in moderately fertile, moist but well-drained soil. Self-seeds freely. Remove emerging flowering stalks to improve the flavor and quality of the leaves.
PropagationSow seed in situ or in containers. Divide in spring or autumn.
- Genus : Myrrhis
- Zones : 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
- Plant Height : 3 to 6 feet
- Plant Width : 3 to 6 feet
- Characteristics : Fragrant Foliage, Self Seeds, Showy Foliage
- Uses : Ground Covers
- Moisture : Medium Moisture
- Light : Partial Shade
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Bloom Time : Spring
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Spring Interest
- Flower Color : White