The southern maidenhair fern has fluffy, airy, and elegant foliage, which works equally well in containers or in open ground. It’s a perfect plant for providing light, airy texture to shady beds. -Tom Nelson, Regional Picks: Northern California, Fine Gardening issue #127
CarePlant in moist, alkaline soil.
- Genus : Adiantum
- Plant Width : 1 to 3 feet
- Zones : 10, 11, 7, 8, 9
- Plant Height : 6 to 12 inches
- Uses : Ground Covers, Shade
- Moisture : Medium Moisture
- Light : Partial Shade to Full Shade
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Characteristics : Showy Foliage
Plant Characteristics are only available to Fine Gardening members
Sign up for a free trial and get instant access to our complete plant guide as well as our entire collection of articles and videos.