This is an elegant, deciduous fern with medium green fronds on dark brown or black stalks with thick creeping rhizomes. It provides a distinct form in a woodland setting or shaded border.
CareProvide part shade and moist, but well-drained soil.
PropagationDivide rhizomes in early spring.
ProblemsRare. In a greenhouse, scale insects.
- Genus : Adiantum
- Plant Height : 1 to 3 feet
- Plant Width : 1 to 3 feet
- Zones : 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
- Maintenance : Low
- Moisture : Medium Moisture
- Light : Partial Shade
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Uses : Shade
- Characteristics : Showy Foliage
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Spring Interest