In the past decade or so, dozens of new Heuchera cultivars have appeared sporting many combinations of foliage color. While all are delightful foliage plants, the lighter-colored varieties seem best adapted to shade. The most popular of these is Dolce® Key Lime Pie. With its bright gold–chartreuse leaves, this gem of a plant will light up a dark, shady area. -Tom Nelson, Regional Picks: Northern California, Fine Gardening issue #127
CareMoist, well-drained soil.
ProblemsNo serious problems.
- Genus : Heuchera
- Zones : 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
- Plant Height : 6 to 12 inches
- Plant Width : 6 to 12 inches
- Uses : Containers, Ground Covers, Pathways, Shade
- Bloom Time : Early Summer, Late Spring, Spring, Summer
- Growth Rate : Fast
- Light : Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Moisture : Medium Moisture
- Maintenance : Moderate
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Flower Color : Pink
- Foliage Color : Purple/Burgundy
- Characteristics : Showy Foliage
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Spring Interest
Plant Characteristics are only available to Fine Gardening members
Sign up for a free trial and get instant access to our complete plant guide as well as our entire collection of articles and videos.