California poppies grow to about 12 inches tall, and their pretty foliage is ferny, like carrot tops. This cultivar has soft rose colored, double blooms with yellow centers.
Noteworthy CharacteristicsFully double rosey flowers. Attractive silvery-blue foliage. The species is native to Oregon and the California coast.
CareGrow in full sun in poor, well-drained soil.
PropagationSow seed in succession for a continuous display. Sow seed in situ in spring or early autumn.
- Genus : Eschscholzia
- Plant Height : 6 to 12 inches
- Plant Width : 6 to 12 inches
- Plant Type : Annuals
- Tolerance : Drought Tolerant
- Moisture : Dry to Medium
- Bloom Time : Early Summer, Late Summer, Summer
- Growth Rate : Fast
- Light : Full Sun
- Maintenance : Low
- Flower Color : Pink, Yellow
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Summer Interest
Plant Characteristics are only available to Fine Gardening members
Sign up for a free trial and get instant access to our complete plant guide as well as our entire collection of articles and videos.