This robust perennial forms a large shrub that adds a nice textural element to the back of the border. In early spring it produces 6-inch-wide, vivid yellow bracts.
Noteworthy CharacteristicsMilky sap may cause irritation to skin and severe discomfort if ingested.
CareThis plant prefers permanently moist soil in full sun.
PropagationStart seed of hardy perennials when ripe or in spring. Divide in early spring.
ProblemsNematodes, spider mites, aphids, mealybugs, fungal and bacterial diseases.
- Genus : Euphorbia
- Plant Height : 3 to 6 feet
- Plant Width : 3 to 6 feet
- Zones : 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
- Tolerance : Deer Tolerant
- Bloom Time : Early Spring, Spring
- Growth Rate : Fast
- Light : Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Maintenance : Low
- Moisture : Medium Moisture
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Spring Interest
- Flower Color : Yellow