This series produces compact plants 1 foot tall and about as wide with large blossoms in pure white and many shades of pink. These season-long performers make fine edging plants.
Noteworthy CharacteristicsExcellent cut flowers that are ideal for a cutting garden, mixed border, or annual border. Loved by butterflies.
CareGrow in full sun and moist but well-drained soil. Deadhead to prolong flowering, and also leave some seeds to self-sow. The plants are moderately drought and heat tolerant.
PropagationSow seed in situ in late spring or at 61°F in mid-spring.
ProblemsStem canker, powdery mildew, Rhizoctonia stem rot, gray mold, aphids.
- Genus : Cosmos
- Plant Height : 6 to 12 inches
- Plant Width : 6 to 12 inches
- Plant Type : Annuals
- Tolerance : Drought Tolerant
- Moisture : Dry to Medium
- Bloom Time : Early Fall, Early Summer, Fall, Late Summer, Summer
- Light : Full Sun
- Uses : Ground Covers
- Maintenance : Moderate
- Flower Color : Pink, White
- Characteristics : Self Seeds
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Summer Interest