This series of annuals produces extra large, cup-shaped blossoms to 3½ inches across in shades of white or pink all summer long.
Noteworthy CharacteristicsThis Mexican native is loved by butterflies. It produces excellent cut flowers and is ideal for a cutting garden, mixed border, or annual border.
CareDeadhead to prolong flowering, but also leave some seeds to self-sow. The plants are moderately drought and heat tolerant.
PropagationSow seed in situ in late spring or at 61°F degrees in mid-spring.
ProblemsStem canker, powdery mildew, Rhizoctonia stem rot, gray mold, aphids.
- Genus : Cosmos
- Plant Height : 3 to 6 feet
- Plant Width : 6 to 12 inches
- Plant Type : Annuals
- Tolerance : Drought Tolerant
- Moisture : Dry to Medium
- Bloom Time : Early Fall, Early Summer, Fall, Late Summer, Summer
- Growth Rate : Fast
- Light : Full Sun
- Maintenance : Moderate
- Flower Color : Pink, White
- Characteristics : Self Seeds
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Summer Interest