This annual grass produces deep pink flowers that resemble rabbits’ tails. Flowers persist throughout the season. It forms a tidy, evergreen clump, 2 feet high and 3 feet wide.
CareGrow in light, average, well-drained soil in full sun. Cut back previous year's foliage by early spring where hardy.
PropagationSow seed in early spring at 55° to 65°F.
ProblemsRust, eye spot, leaf spots.
- Genus : Pennisetum
- Plant Height : 1 to 3 feet
- Plant Width : 3 to 6 feet
- Zones : 7, 8, 9
- Uses : Containers, Ground Covers
- Tolerance : Deer Tolerant
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Fall Interest
- Light : Full Sun
- Plant Type : Grasses
- Maintenance : Low
- Moisture : Medium Moisture
- Growth Rate : Moderate
- Flower Color : Pink, Red
- Characteristics : Self Seeds, Showy Foliage, Showy Seed Heads
- Bloom Time : Summer