These compact tufts of 8-inch-long powder-blue leaves are well suited for edging and naturalizing in the rock garden.
CareGrow in full sun and poor to moderately fertile soil. Divide every few years to maintain vigor and color.
PropagationSow seed in a cold frame from fall to spring; divide in spring.
- Genus : Festuca
- Zones : 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
- Plant Height : 6 to 12 inches
- Plant Width : 6 to 12 inches
- Uses : Containers, Ground Covers
- Tolerance : Deer Tolerant, Drought Tolerant, Frost Tolerant
- Moisture : Dry to Medium
- Light : Full Sun
- Plant Type : Grasses
- Flower Color : Green
- Growth Rate : Moderate
- Maintenance : Moderate
- Characteristics : Showy Foliage
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Spring Interest
- Bloom Time : Summer