This tough, versatile plant requires little maintenance. ‘Georgia Blue’ is willing to grow in sunny or shady spots, puts up with excessive rain or drought conditions, and attracts butterflies with a low blanket of sky blue flowers from spring into summer. Small, dark green leaves turn glossy burgundy in winter. Use it in containers or rock walls, or as a companion groundcover to spring bulbs under trees.
Noteworthy CharacteristicsThis low-maintenance speedwell is adaptable to a variety of growing conditions. Its sky blue flowers attract butterflies.
CareProvide full sun to partial shade and fertile, well-drained soil.
- Genus : Veronica
- Plant Width : 1 to 3 feet
- Zones : 6, 7, 8
- Uses : Containers, Ground Covers
- Tolerance : Deer Tolerant, Drought Tolerant
- Bloom Time : Early Summer, Late Spring, Spring
- Light : Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Maintenance : Low
- Moisture : Medium Moisture
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Spring Interest
- Plant Height : Under 6 inches
Plant Characteristics are only available to Fine Gardening members
Sign up for a free trial and get instant access to our complete plant guide as well as our entire collection of articles and videos.