This evergreen, coniferous tree has flattened sprays of scale-like adult leaves. ‘Heatherbun’ has soft, blue-green juvenile foliage that turns plum to bronze in winter and a compact, rounded form.
CareThrives in moist, well-drained, neutral to slightly acidic sandy soil in full sun.
PropagationRoot semi-ripe cuttings in late summer.
ProblemsSpruce mite, twig blight, root rot, needle blights.
- Genus : Chamaecyparis
- Zones : 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
- Plant Height : 6 to 10 feet
- Plant Width : 6 to 10 feet
- Light : Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Moisture : Medium to Wet
- Growth Rate : Moderate
- Characteristics : Showy Foliage
- Plant Type : Trees
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Winter Interest