This bunch tulip has multiple orange-red flowers that bloom in spring above green leaves edged in creamy white. A species tulip, it is more likely to bloom in subsequent years. It reaches less than a foot tall and is stunning planted en masse.
Noteworthy CharacteristicsLikely to perennialize; cayenne red flowers; variegated foliage.
CareProvide full sun and moist but well-drained soil. Wet soil invites fungus, disease, and rot. Allow foliage to die back naturally after flowering.
ProblemsFairly trouble-free if planted in well-drained soil.
- Genus : Tulipa
- Zones : 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
- Plant Height : 6 to 12 inches
- Plant Width : 6 to 12 inches
- Plant Type : Bulbs
- Uses : Containers
- Light : Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Maintenance : Low
- Moisture : Medium Moisture
- Flower Color : Red
- Characteristics : Showy Foliage
- Bloom Time : Spring
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Spring Interest