Tulipa ‘Esperanto’ has white-bordered leaves, but it is unique with its long-lasting deep rose red and dark green streaked flowers, which stand 10 to 12 inches tall.
Noteworthy CharacteristicsThis tulip is from the Viridiflora Group, the tulip division of cultivars with green in their blooms.
- Genus : Tulipa
- Plant Height : 1 to 3 feet
- Zones : 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
- Plant Type : Bulbs
- Uses : Containers
- Bloom Time : Early Summer, Late Spring, Spring, Summer
- Tolerance : Frost Tolerant
- Light : Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Maintenance : Low
- Moisture : Medium Moisture
- Growth Rate : Moderate
- Foliage Color : Purple/Burgundy
- Flower Color : Red
- Characteristics : Showy Foliage
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Spring Interest
Plant Characteristics are only available to Fine Gardening members
Sign up for a free trial and get instant access to our complete plant guide as well as our entire collection of articles and videos.