This plant is a rosette-forming evergreen perennial with kidney-shaped to rounded leaves. It produces white flowers with red or yellow spots in summer.
CareGrow in a mixed border or rock garden, in moist but well-drained soil.
PropagationDetach individual rosettes and root as cuttings in late spring or early summer.
ProblemsAphids, slugs, vine weevil grubs, and spider mites.
- Genus : Saxifraga
- Zones : 6, 7, 8, 9
- Plant Height : 6 to 12 inches
- Plant Width : 6 to 12 inches
- Uses : Ground Covers
- Moisture : Medium Moisture
- Light : Partial Shade to Full Shade
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Flower Color : Red, White, Yellow
- Bloom Time : Summer
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Summer Interest
Plant Characteristics are only available to Fine Gardening members
Sign up for a free trial and get instant access to our complete plant guide as well as our entire collection of articles and videos.