This spreading evergreen perennial has clumps of grass-like deep green basal leaves. Tiny, brilliant white flowers borne in tight clusters appear in early summer and midsummer.
Noteworthy CharacteristicsNative to western and central Europe. Thrives in regions with wet winters and dry summers. Flowers can be dried.
CareGrow in poor to moderately fertile, humus-rich, moist but well-drained soil. Prefers full sun.
PropagationDivide between mid-spring and early summer.
ProblemsRust and Septoria leaf spot.
- Genus : Luzula
- Plant Height : 1 to 3 feet
- Plant Width : 1 to 3 feet
- Zones : 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
- Bloom Time : Early Summer, Summer
- Light : Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Uses : Ground Covers
- Moisture : Medium Moisture
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Characteristics : Showy Foliage
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Spring Interest
- Flower Color : White